Covid-19 has taken the world by storm. The virus poses immense danger to humanity but there are few tips that can help boost your immunity against this deadly virus. Hygiene is utmost important and one should wash hands frequently with soap or sanitizer to disinfect hands and keep safety against the virus. The importance of mask cannot be denied as it covers your nose and mouth and prevents the spreading of the virus.
You should keep yourself safe from getting infected from the toxic virus, you need to keep your immunity boosted. This lifestyle blog is an insight upon health and lifestyle tips and advice to boost your immunity against this virus.
The less immune group of people with chronic illnesses like diabetes, blood pressure, heart disease, thyroid etc. are more vulnerable to this virus and should specially take care of their immunity, such comorbidities can intensify the complications of COVID-19.
If you keep your immunity boosted, then you can prevent the virus from spreading. Let us look at some of the fitness, lifestyle and health tips that will help to improve your immunity.
1. Improve your diet – The food we eat plays a major role in building up our immunity and keeping us healthy, we should eat a healthy diet that includes vitamins, proteins, minerals and the various essential nutrients. A healthy diet will surely keep us healthy.
We can keep our immunity strong by eating low carb diets and focus on a protein rich diet to keep us in good shape and health. One should consume lot of vegetables and fruits and eat fibrous foods to enhance immunity. Vitamins are very important to keep the immunity boosted, we should eat fruits and juices rich in vitamin C and should have flaxseed, pumpkin seeds, medicines etc. as they are rich sources of proteins and vitamin E.
Natural immunity supplements include ginger and turmeric, these are common ingredients in various Indian dishes and we should try to add various herbs also in our diet as they are also important for enhancing immunity- like garlic, basil leaves, tulsi etc. We should try to incorporate all these ingredients in our diet to make it a healthy one for a healthy immune system in a body.
You should also include probiotics like yogurt, curd, fermented food etc. in your diet, as these are an excellent source of gut bacteria that promotes healthy nutrition and absorption by the body. All these things are a part of an excellent diet that can build a strong immune system in your body.
2. Take full rest and sleep – A sound mind leads to a sound health, we could have a sound mind if we have a restful sleep. It’s important to take 7 to 8 hours sleep as it is a great immunity booster and promotes your well-being. Stress and lack of sleep can affect your health adversely, so take full rest and sleep to boost your immune system.
3. Stay Hydrated – One should drink at least 10 to 12 glasses of water every day. Hydration removes toxins from the body, drinking citrus juices and coconut water is great for immunity boosting.
4. Exercise and Walk – A good exercise and walk routine is the best fitness practice to keep yourself fit and healthy, it will keep your immunity boosted and you will stay away from such infections.
5. Detox yourself – Detoxifying yourself is very important to keep your body healthy, there are different ways through which you can detox yourself, you should keep away from stress, practice meditation and avoid drug abuse, avoid smoking, alcohol and any other addictive substances, all these can lower your immunity so t’s better to abstain from them for a healthy immune system.
6. Take Vitamins and Mineral Supplements – One should take a healthy diet and immunity boosting supplements to keep the body’s immunity strong to fight against such fatal infections like COVID-19. Vitamin C has a very important role in building the body’s immunity, it prevents you from severe infections as it is a powerful antioxidant, you should take vitamin C in your diet. Vitamin D supplements are important against respiratory tract infection, they help to offer strong bones and boost positive immunity response. Zinc is a very important mineral nutrient that has antibacterial and antiviral qualities and can help you to fight against cold an influenza. You can all these vitamin and mineral supplements under the guidance of your doctor to get a healthy immune response.
COVID-19 is a very contagious infection, so you should keep away from traveling and social gatherings. Social distancing is a good practice. Maintaining fitness and having healthy lifestyle are the best measures to improve your body’s immunity. One should follow the self-care guidelines as recommended by the Aayush ministry to boost immunity with special reference to respiratory health. One should drink warm water, practice healing exercises like meditation and pranayama, incorporate turmeric and garlic in your diet, drink green tea and Kawha and follow other lifestyle and health practices. These practices will keep you away from the COVID-19 infection. Let us all fight the battle against COVID19 together by keeping us healthy, keeping the immunity boosted by staying indoors, practicing social distancing, eating healthy and keeping hydrated.
This lifestyle, health, and fitness blog throws light upon lifestyle and health tips that can keep us safe against COVID-19 and make us win the battle against COVID-19 successfully.