One of the most important appliances in the kitchen that make cooking easy is a blender and grinder. There are numerous things that you will need to keep in mind when buying your blender and grinder. The most vital thing to know is what you can and cannot put in your blender and grinder. This depends on what kind of blades your blender and grinder have. The strength and sharpness of these blades also matter. In Malaysia, people tend to buy various types of blenders like a juice blender in Malaysia, or a smoothie blender, etc. one of the very important and main things to consider when buying your blender and grinder is to know what kind of things you will be blending and grinding and finding the best blender and grinder for you.
A grinder and blender will be able to mix, blend, and grind all in the same appliance! A blender and grinder will make your life tremendously easy. You will be able to find the best blender and grinder for you in any store where you can buy a smoothie blender in Malaysia. A blender and grinder will make your work super easy, and you will be able to complete it in minutes with just one appliance. A blender and grinder are able to mix all kinds of ingredients, but some things must not be put in your blender and grinder to avoid accidents.
Following are six things that you must never put in your blender and grinder: –
- You must not put hot liquids in your blender and grinder. A blender and grinder will make the soup very easy for you. You just need to blend all the ingredients that you need together. Hot soup is just what you need when unwell or in cold weather or just as a healthy evening snack. But, putting hot liquids in your blender and grinder is not good for it at all. You must wait before your liquids cool down a little and then put them in the blender and grinder. At times, you can also grind or mash all your vegetables in the grinder before cooking them. Never put hot liquids or foodstuffs in your blender and grinder.
- Another ingredient you must avoid putting in a blender and grinder is ginger. Ginger is a fibrous root. So, putting ginger in your blender and grinder will only give you a fibrous mess even if it is dried. Instead of blending your ginger, you can cut or grate it.
- Another food ingredient that you must avoid putting in your blender and grinder at all times is sun-dried tomatoes. Sun-dried tomatoes have a quite leather and chewy texture. This will make your blender and grinder jam when you try blending sun-dried tomatoes. The best way is to use your sun-dried tomatoes as they are. But, if you need to blend your sun-dried tomatoes, then you must soak them for a while and wait for them to get softer before you put them in your blender and grinder.
- Blending or grinding starchy food ingredients like potatoes will only lead to a mess. Potatoes or other starchy foods must not be put in your blender and grinder. Take mashed potatoes for example; if you are preparing mashed potatoes in your blender and grinder, the strong blades of your blender and grinder will over blend your potatoes this will force the starch in potatoes to come out. This starch will then go on to mix with the water content resulting in a gluey mess instead of a dish of nice and fluffy mashed potatoes.
- Many health freaks tend to drink juices of green vegetables like spinach, broccoli, etc. but, you must at all times avoid putting green vegetables in your blender and grinder for a juice or smoothie. Blending your green vegetables will result in them turning brown. To avoid this, refrigerate your vegetables for a while before you blend them.
- A blender and grinder is the perfect appliance when you want to make smoothies. But you must not put frozen fruits in your blender and grinder. Putting frozen foods or other frozen foods in your blender may result in your mixture ending up with lumps. Or in some cases, your blender and grinder blades can also break. If you want to avoid this, let your frozen foods thaw a little before you put them in the blender and grinder. You can also make your mixture or smoothie first and then chill it if possible.
A blender and grinder is a very useful mechanical appliance. You just need to take good care of it and avoid putting all the above-mentioned ingredients in it.