Gifts are always special when we receive them by our special ones. They are more precious when gifted by grandchildren. You can inspire your kids and give them motivational gift ideas so they can surprise their grandparents by their creativity. For your reference, you can read a home and lifestyle blog to get some gift ideas.
Vacations are perfect when your kids are free from school and have nothing much to do. In spite of making them a phone addict you can inspire them for some art and craft. Here are some handmade gift ideas for your kids. Assist them and let them surprise their grandparents with their art:
- Family Tree: Kids can make it in their own way. Just like a collage, the family tree will need some individual photos of all your family members. You can help your kids by cutting the photos in the shapes they want. Star shape or heart shapes will be great. Let your kids use their drawing skills to draw a beautiful tree. Paste the photos agewise. Grandparents will, of course, be on the top of the tree. Photos can be named as “ My Lovely Grandpa & Grandma”.
- Had and foot-prints: If your kids are too young then this will be a perfect idea for them. Make them play with some paint colors. Pour some paint on a plate and let them put their palm in it. Now, take their handprints on the drawing sheet. Make them draw a flowerpot below the print and it will look like a little plant. You can also create a butterfly by using their footprints. Take the right leg print on the left of the sheet and left leg print on the right. It will look like butterfly feathers. You can help them to draw the body of the butterfly. A Multi-color painting will look more attractive.
- A coffee mug with love: For this, you can buy a simple white coffee mug. Give your kids some glass paint to paint the mug. You can guide them about what to draw. It can a flower or a tree or a heart. If your kids are big enough to write then ask them to write a message for their grandparents. It can be “ I Love My Grandparents” or anything they can think of. It will be a very special gift for their grandparents.
- Greeting-Cards: This, we have done in our childhood too. You simply need a drawing sheet and sketch pens. This is an instant gift idea if you are running out of time. Fold the sheet to make it look like a greeting card. On the front, your kids can draw anything they want like flowers or teddy-bear, etc. Inside the card, ask them to write a message for their grandma and grandpa. You can help them with finishing. Put the card in an envelope and the handmade gift is ready.
- A Homemade Video: It is digital and your kids will love to do it. You can help them to film the video and also to prepare a little speech. It will be fun for both of you. You can also add those moments to your speech that were so special for your kids and their grandparents. Send the clip to their grandparents. You all can also watch it together if they are living there with you.
These are easy to apply ideas. Motivate your kids for making handmade gifts in spite of buying a readymade gift. It will push them to show their creativity. This activity will also build strong bonds between your parent and their grandchildren.